For most people, outer order contributes to inner calm. Clearing clutter can make your home or workspace feel more serene, helps you save time spent searching for stuff, and creates more space for important items and activities.
Cultivating outer order involves not just clearing clutter, but keeping it clear. Below are tools to help you tackle clutter-clearing in a manageable way, and incorporate it into your routine.
Join the free 7-Day SMS challenge
Need help getting started with your resolution to clear clutter?
Text OUTERORDER to +1 (844) 934-1913
to receive seven days of prompts to jump-start your resolution and build habits in the way that works for you.
Desk-Cleaning Bingo—Download the free PDF worksheet
Having a clean workspace can eliminate distractions and create space for focus and creativity. Use this bingo card to create some outer order.
Create outer order with the Happier app
- Take a before-and-after photo of your desk each week with the Photo Log
- Use Don’t Break the Chain and set a reminder to make your bed every morning
- Sort photos once a week and share your favorites with Accountability Partners
- Track the smaller steps of a big organizing project with the One-Sentence Journal
- Add up how many items you throw out or donate with Track Your Total
Invest in beautiful tools to support your aims
Beautiful tools or gear can make your habit more convenient or more enjoyable to keep, and for some people, investing in an activity makes them more likely to stick with it.
Subscribe for more habit hacks
Get tips for happiness and good habits delivered straight to your inbox.